Question Monitor Overclocking

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Hey everyone, so I'm planning to overclock my monitor with Radeon Settings, do I only need to change the refresh rate in the Custom Resolution or do I have to change it too in the Display Settings of the desktop? Because when I do the custom resolution which has 75hz and change the refresh rate in the properties of the Monitor and GPU, it says Out of Range, so do I not need to change the refresh rate on the properties and just let Radeon Settings Custom Resolution do its thing?

serjj

Reputable
Apr 6, 2019
Hey everyone, so I was changing my resolution to 1280x768 (1080p) at default, so it works easily, but I went to 1280x768 to try out 75hz but everytime I change the refresh rate, the resolution suddenly changes to 640x480, I just wanna try out 75hz but it's doing this everytime.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
First of all make sure you are using the HDMI connection on the monitor, then try increasing the HZ in your driver by 2 at a time, once you get a distorted image or an out of range warning decrease the HZ by 1 until you get a stable image. I had a monitor that could only handle 66Hz.