Monitor Powered Over HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyyy

Reputable
Apr 13, 2014
Hi there, not sure if this is where I should post. Please redirect if necessary.

I bought a 50ft HDMI cable from Walmart. On one end it says connect to PC (done so to a pc in my basement). I want to show some of our family pics and smart phone videos on a monitor upstairs, located on a kitchen countertop. I would like to buy a monitor powered by HDMI only: no 110v power supply to the monitor itself as the area doesn't have a convenient outlet.

Can someone tell me if such a monitor (powered by hdmi) exists on the market, and if so, might you be able to provide a link for say a 27inch? It doesn't have to be a high end monitor obviously - mid range is great.

Solution
Unfortunately the HDMI standard doesn't allow for monitors powered over HDMI. I'm not aware of a video transfer standard that does actually. While HDMI does have a 5V line, it doesn't provide enough power to drive a display of any kind that I am aware of. A Google search doesn't bring anything up either.
Unfortunately the HDMI standard doesn't allow for monitors powered over HDMI. I'm not aware of a video transfer standard that does actually. While HDMI does have a 5V line, it doesn't provide enough power to drive a display of any kind that I am aware of. A Google search doesn't bring anything up either.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.