[SOLVED] Monitor powers off when power cable is moved, plus faint crackling sounds when it goes off.

Jun 8, 2020
In our house we have three monitors. Two are on my system and the other my sister uses with hers. We are in separate rooms (same floor). The problem in the title has now happened with all 3 displays - Monitor powers off when power cable is moved, plus faint crackling sounds when trying to reconnect. This has happened for ages, and has now angered me, as it has been happening for a long long time with my monitors and my sister only bought hers a few months back and has told me this is happening to her. All I can tell her is to keep the monitor still and not touch the cables which doesn't help much. Has anyone heard of this before? Or a maybe has any ideas at all? Living in the UK, using power adapter supplied in the box for all monitors.

Hope someone can help me,
Thanks.

Solution
Something sounds fishy. Before you plug in the power cord to the monitor, swith off the wall socket. That should take care of the crackling sound when plugging in power. Never plug in live cables. The plugs should go in firmly and not beloose, not even a little bit

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Sounds familiar. I have had similar problems with my monitors before. Hanns G / Hannspree 28" displays, in my case.. They seem to have faulty power connections, and faulty connections at the HDMI ports.

Eventually it got to a point where I had to spend a lot of time plugging/unplugging my monitor to get it to connect properly and get an image, and then eventually it just stopped working.

I have one with a problem like this with the power connection, and one with a problem like this with the HDMI connection.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Something sounds fishy. Before you plug in the power cord to the monitor, swith off the wall socket. That should take care of the crackling sound when plugging in power. Never plug in live cables. The plugs should go in firmly and not beloose, not even a little bit

Solution