Monitor RAM Activity, Bandwith/Throughput

• Thread starter Deleted member 2615653
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2615653

Is there any way to monitor RAM Usage? Not as in per byte, but the activity level like for example monitoring the GPU Core Load or CPU Usage through HWiNFO64, but for RAM. The bandwith/throughput.

I recently found out what was bottlenecking me in Overwatch was my 2133 MHz ram, which I overclocked to 2800 MHz and got a good fps boost. I can still tell the RAM is the bottleneck as the GPU and CPU usage is only at around 70% max. So is it even possible to monitor the RAM usage/activity?

In case anyone is wondering. My RAM is the HyperX Fury 16GB 2133MHz, my CPU is the i7 6700k and my GPU is the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW. CPU is running stock speed (normal turbo boost 4.2 GHz) undervolted due to high temps in the Node 202 ITX case.

This is my current setup to monitor the CPU and GPU.
BszLYOC.png

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
MSI afterburner has a system RAM usage monitor and a VRAM usage monitor. But I can tell you right off the bat that there is no way overwatch in and of itself is using anywhere near 16gb of system RAM.

If vsync is on that will also limit GPU and CPU usage.

D

Deleted member 2615653

I don't want to monitor the amount of memory used, I want to monitor the activity, the bandwith/throughput. I am fully aware the 16 GB of ram is plenty in terms of size, it's the speed that is bottlenecking.

I am currently pulling 250+ frames, but I want to be landing on a consistent 300 fps. Higher fps in this game means less input delay from the mouse which has a huge impact on my aim in the game.

D

Deleted member 2615653

they were 14-14-14-35 @2133 MHz before, now they're 17-17-17-35 @2800 MHz, and my fps is higher.

D

Deleted member 2615653

Yeah, I really underrestimated RAM when I first did this build, but to be fair tho, ram barely means anything in most games. I guess this is just because I'm trying to pull such overkill high frames.

D

Deleted member 2615653

I updated the post in order to be more specific. It is not the usage as in how many bytes are being used, but the bandwith/throughput or like, the activity level of sorts.