Monitor randomly goes dark, and keyboard and mouse lose power st the same time.

echonioni

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
I've been stuck with this problem of my monitor losing input and all of my USB devices losing input and power at the same time. I don't know if it's a problem with my motherboard, my GPU, or some other reason, but I haven't been able to prevent this from happening. (happens at stock CPU speed)

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS ROG X370-F Strix board with a 1600X and an EVGA 980Ti with 16GB 2800 DDR4

go into the bios to the temp and voltage monitor screen. make sure your 12v rail in the bios is at 12v. watch the rail see if the pc shuts down in the bios. if it does rma the power supply. if it stable in the bios download hardware info 64 bit set it to logging and sensor watch the power supply 12v rail.

echonioni

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017

No, it doesn't do any of those. It's just like if I were running everything normal but then the screen goes black and all of my USB devices lost power/connection. I checked in BIOS to see if the 12v rail was doing anything but it sat at the same voltage for several minutes. For some reason, this tends to happen sometime soon after I wake my computer back up from sleep.

echonioni

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Hmm, seems like reinstalling my graphics driver has done away with this problem for now. If anything else happens, I'll come back, but otherwise I'll leave this solved for now.