Monitor Randomly Says "No Signal"/"No Input"

DaylenTriviQ

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016
Basically, my monitor seems to randomly disconnect from my PC. This has only happened to me when I play a game, to which I have to restart my PC to fix.

The screen will freeze for a few seconds, then go black displaying a message saying "No Input" or "No Signal". It then either stays black or the game becomes minimized, to which I can only switch applications using Alt+Tab since my cursor gets stuck on the game. Throughout this process, I can hear audio, specifically my friends talking on Discord. I'll be able to hear them, then it'll start freezing up and pausing until my game becomes minimized.

This only happened after I came back from vacation and used a new monitor. The first day went fine, but the second day began having this problem. I tried another cord, another monitor, and troubleshooted.

In my Power Settings, I can't change it to High Performance until I put in a command into Command Prompt to reset the settings properly. If I don't do this, it instantly selects "Balanced" after I click High Performance. It will stay like that until it goes black and I have to restart again, in which it will reset back to balanced and I cannot change it unless I use the command in Command Prompt.

This is really annoying. I've rolled back my GPU drivers, updated drivers for other components, etc. And I still haven't figured out the problem.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks!

~T

DaylenTriviQ

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

CPU: FX-6300
GPU: Rx 480
PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2

I've had everything inside my computer for about two and a half years - except for the GPU and PSU, which are about 1 and a half years old. I'll be trying the Heaven video tester soon.

DaylenTriviQ

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

While running the benchmark both my GPU and CPU temps seemed to be fine and stable. GPU was at a 60-75 degrees (about). I, unfortunately, wasn't able to discover my VRM temps. My apologies :(.

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Have you checked for loose connections?
Have you tried monitor on another computer?
Have you another monitor on your system?
You mentioned monitor is new.. have you checked for monitor driver updates? go to Device Manager/ Monitors / right click monitor / update driver
Bios updates?
Have you tried clean install of windows?

DaylenTriviQ

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

I've used two different cables and checked for loose connections. I've used two monitors, and checked for all outdated drivers. Didn't find any BIOS update. I have not tried a clean install of windows, however.

DaylenTriviQ

Honorable
Aug 14, 2016

I didn't experience any problems during the benchmark so far, and the VRM seems to be at a fine temp.