Question Monitor randomly shuts off, says "No Signal", and then won't turn on unless I restart my computer

Feb 8, 2020
Unfortunately, I've started getting this issue just after getting a brand new PSU. It is a very strong PSU, 850w and gold certified. I have no idea what the problem is, but I have a feeling it could either be simply a loose HDMI cable or overheating/incorrect wiring with the graphics card. It does this randomly, and usually in the middle of a game. When this happens, the graphics card usually feels very hot to touch when I take off the side panel. For now, I leave the side panel off which may actually be causing the problem. I don't know if this is the proper section to post under but whatever.

Specs:
RX 590 8GB VRam
24 GB RAM
i5 7500 CPU
ASRock H110M-DGS Mobo
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W

Feb 8, 2020
Are you always playing a game when this happens?

Did you plug the 8-pin connector and the 6-pin connector to your RX 590?

What are your GPU temperatures like? 'Hot' doesn't tell us much. Try downloading and installing GPU-Z and check the temperatures.

Yes, either playing a game or one is open in the background. Both the 8 and 6-pin connectors are plugged. I believe temperatures get around 65-70 degrees C. I tried doing driver updates and it didn't work, I could try defaulting my BIOS but I don't think it would be a problem because the only thing I've changed is my PC fan speed and nothing else.

novathunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Looks like a temperature problem. Sorry but you believing it gets in the 65-70°C range is imprecise. I recommend installing HWMonitor, it monitors voltages, fan speeds, temperatures. What are the CPU and GPU temps under load/idle. Check for fans not spinning. Also since you changed the PSU do monitor voltages on each lanes. +5V and +12V being the most important ones.

Here is the range tolerance for each:
+3.3V rail should stay inside 3.135-3.465V
+5V rails 4.75-5.25V
+12V rails 10.8-13.2V

If they get outta these values when idle/under load, consider your PSU insuffisant for your gear or worse it fails. Please come back and share your findings.