Monitor receiving no signal from freshly built PC

Pullinmyteethout

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Ok so as the title says, I am receiving no signal out of either of my cards to my monitor. All of my mobo led's are lighting, and all gpu fans operational. I have everything hooked in correctly, this isn't my first build but my first time dealing with these issues.

Here are some specs:
i7 4930k
SLI Nvidia GTX 780's using 8 + 6 pin connections from psu
8 sticks of Corsair Vengeance 8gb running at 1600mhz
Samsung 500gb SSD
Corsair rm850 psu
Asus P9x79 mobo

The monitor I am using is a buddies as mine is still in the mail and I am positive it works on his PC. The connection is a VGA-DVI which I do not intend on keeping, when the new monitor comes in it will be HDMI. Although I cannot see this being an issue as the cards have slots for this connection.

Please halp!!! I am dieing on the inside not being able to use a rig I just dropped about 4 grand on.. =(

Pullinmyteethout

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Definitely not the monitor or display. Have tried 3 different sources. Mobo has 3 pci slots none are sending signal. Have ran the system on 2 sticks and 1 gpu removed(switching each gpu to rule out doa including an older card I was positive worked.) to assure this wasn't a lack of power issue forcing the cards to fight over power. I have heard of people running heavy cards with 850w psu's..

Pullinmyteethout

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
Motherboard has no onboard video, no gpu's are working even ones out of working systems. I have reseated all sticks into all slots. I have reseated the cpu and motherboard, and applied new thermal compound. All fans are operational. The DRAM LED on the motherboard is a solid non blinking red..