[SOLVED] Monitor resolution vs image size

deathrament

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
So i have an eye issue where when i'm looking at a screen things will blur when there moving. So i'm going to get a larger monitor(32 inch, currently have 27) I'm looking at either getting either a 1080p or 1440. My question is if i get a 1440p monitor would the image i'm seeing in games be smaller then say if i got a 1080p one? Or would there be any difference at al?

Solution
1440p is ideal for 27", in your situation with your eyes, going 32" maintaining same resolution would help i think. 1080p would look larger and possibly blurry on larger than 27" depending how close you are to screen.

Best visit store and experience in person.

Another tip. Games often have motion blur in graphics settings and is on by default. Try with it off and see if it helps.
So i have an eye issue where when i'm looking at a screen things will blur when there moving. So i'm going to get a larger monitor(32 inch, currently have 27) I'm looking at either getting either a 1080p or 1440. My question is if i get a 1440p monitor would the image i'm seeing in games be smaller then say if i got a 1080p one? Or would there be any difference at al?
In ones theory from what you are saying if you go from a 26in 1040p monitor to a 26in 1440p monitor would the same photo of Mario be the same size on each screen... The answer is no they wouldn't be the same size technically Mario on the 1440p monitor would be smaller since theres more pixels in a smaller space to animate him

boju

Titan
Ambassador
1440p is ideal for 27", in your situation with your eyes, going 32" maintaining same resolution would help i think. 1080p would look larger and possibly blurry on larger than 27" depending how close you are to screen.

Best visit store and experience in person.

Another tip. Games often have motion blur in graphics settings and is on by default. Try with it off and see if it helps.

Solution