[SOLVED] MONITOR Restarting itself !! HELP

May 23, 2020
Hello guys so yesterday when i was playing VALORANT my monitor just went black for liked a second or 2 then comes back to normal i didnt care about it but after like 4 hours it did it again while playing the same game i thought it could be the game or something causing then today he did it again but this time i wasnt playing i was just on google
So my question what can be the cause of this ?
is it the monitor itself ?
im scared of one thing : that my gpu is causing it :( can that be possible ? or it just the monitor ? because i tried playing i game that pushes the gpu for limit 95% for like 5 mins but it was fine no monitor restarting !
i tried reinstalling the gpu driver but still the same

PS: happend to me only 3 times from yesterday

monitor : LG FLATRON W1934S
GPU : MSI GTX 1660 GAMING X

Solution
its happening like once or twice a day and sometimes it doesnt at all , and yeah its an old monitor that should be replaced i know , so you are saying the gpu have nothing to do with this issue ? if yes i'll try to get a new monitor

I am saying there is a good chance that the monitor and your adapter is the issue not the video card, not that the video card does not have anything to do with the issue. In troubleshooting you need to remove things from possibility. Once you can test with a known good monitor, without adapters, then you will know if the video card may still be causing the issue.
That's an old monitor, I would replace it and see how things run after that. It also only has a VGA port according to the specs so you must be using an adapter cable, that adds another point of failure that can be causing the issue.
A used working monitor with HDMI or Display Port on it is pretty cheap.

May 23, 2020
That's an old monitor, I would replace it and see how things run after that. It also only has a VGA port according to the specs so you must be using an adapter cable, that adds another point of failure that can be causing the issue.
A used working monitor with HDMI or Display Port on it is pretty cheap.
its happening like once or twice a day and sometimes it doesnt at all , and yeah its an old monitor that should be replaced i know , so you are saying the gpu have nothing to do with this issue ? if yes i'll try to get a new monitor

I am saying there is a good chance that the monitor and your adapter is the issue not the video card, not that the video card does not have anything to do with the issue. In troubleshooting you need to remove things from possibility. Once you can test with a known good monitor, without adapters, then you will know if the video card may still be causing the issue.

Solution