Monitor says 'Out of Range!' on boot, unless I plug it in after boot

PeeR_SaBBi

Reputable
May 6, 2015
I recently built a new PC, and as far as I know, I've installed all of my drivers, including corsair iCue, EVGA Precision XOC, Nvidia Driver Version 391.35

When I turn on my PC, the computer *seems* to boot up, but it never loads the correct RGB profile, and my right-most screen will show 'Out of Range!'
When this happens, unplugging and plugging it back in does not change anything, it will not show any image. If I want it to boot into windows and show video, I need to unplug the HDMI cable from my GPU and then turn on the PC; when it shows the splash screen, I'm able to plug the cable back in, and I can use my PC like normal. Also, I doubt this is relevant, but I use a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter on the monitor that doesn't show "out of range!"

What doesn't make sense to me, is that 1080p@75Hz is within HDMI 1.4 spec, it shouldn't be saying that it's out of range.

Specs: i7 8086K, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, BOOT DRIVE: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Corsair RM750X PSU, Corsair Commander Pro Fan/RGB Controller, and my two monitors are both BenQ RL2455HM **OVERCLOCKED TO 75Hz, within limits of HDMI 1.4**

Ramlethal

Estimable

Any chance of trying another Cable without having to buy one? it just looks like the cable or the adapter are not in a good shape for me...