[SOLVED] Monitor Screen becomes stretched

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Hello, Im playing valorant on a stretched res 1280x1024, whenever i quit valorant, my display on my monitor becomes 1280x1024, if i try to switch it back to 1920x1080 in display settings, it turns to 60hz, when i try to switch it back to 144hz, it switches back to 1280x1024. The only fix is to restart my pc. Why is my valorant making my whole pc screen strechted even when im not in the game?!?!??!

Solution
it's starting to sound like a problem with the monitor.
where originally it seemed more like an issue with the game engine.

try other games and see if they cause the same problem when switching back and forth.

but why exactly do you want to play at such an odd aspect ratio(5:4) when you have a 16:9 display?
does the game not support regular modern resolutions and\or ratios?

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
try switching the game setting to windowed-borderless, not fullscreen.
see if that makes a difference.
It still the same, more info on the problem: when i change my display resolution (desktop) it switches my valorant res to the same res i switched my desktop res to and when i switch my valorant res, both desktop and val switch to the same res.

try other games and see if they cause the same problem when switching back and forth.

but why exactly do you want to play at such an odd aspect ratio(5:4) when you have a 16:9 display?

Solution

sshah1603

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019

Other games did not do the same thing as valorant, so im guessing it is just valorant. I like playing the res because im better with it from some odd reason lmfao.