Monitor shuts off and fans go full blast

wowmow

Prominent
Jan 2, 2019
So since yesterday, (once today and once yesterday) my computer monitor shuts off, and my fans go as loud as they can. Once this happens my computer becomes useless, although i can still hear sound. When it shuts off one of the first things i hear is a sound that windows makes when something is unplugged. This has happened twice now. Both times i was playing games but they were by no means graphically intensive, in fact i can play them literally on my iphone 6s. Nothing seemed to be overheating. I've got an i5 6400 and a gtx 1070ti with 8 gb of ram. btw i've got razer headphones plugged in, a corsair k70 keyboard, a logitech 502 mouse, and an oculus rift plugged in when this happens.

Solution
Take out your gpu and take a look at the pins if all of them are good and clean, on the gpu and the pci slot. Also monitor the temps with rivatuner so you can make sure that nothing is overheating. Also update you gpu driver

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Take out your gpu and take a look at the pins if all of them are good and clean, on the gpu and the pci slot. Also monitor the temps with rivatuner so you can make sure that nothing is overheating. Also update you gpu driver

Solution