Question Monitor sound on console

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016
Hello,

Probably very noobish question here.

I have a Dell G3223Q monitor. I have it connected to my PC (DP) and my Nintendo switch (HDMI).

I have my speakers connected directly to the monitor 3.5mm audio jack.

When using the monitor as my PC screen the audio works well, on windows the audio device I choose is the monitor and audio works as it should.

But when I turn on my Nintendo Switch, with the speakers still connected to the monitor, I have no audio. The only way I can figure out to have sound out of the speakers is to directly connect the audio cable to the console headphone jack.

Shouldn't it work though? I would assume the speakers connected to the monitor would work as built in speakers on a TV.

Thanks !

Switch87

Honorable
Sep 14, 2016
It looks like you might need to change the audio source in the monitor menu. Page 49 of the instructions states under audio “Allows you to set the audio source from the main window or the sub-window.”
Hello, thanks for the reply!
It's very odd, if I have both PC and the switch on at the same time, if I enable Picture in Picture I can adjust the audio source and it then works.
But If let's say, my PC is off, or even if both are on and I disable PiP I cannot get the audio to play on the switch since the option is grey without that mode on and I assume it defaults to the DP.