Monitor stops working after exiting game after upgrading to GTX1080

Jake_2

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
Hi guys, just updated from a 970 to a 1080 and I'm having a weird issue where exiting Battlefield 1 seems to stop my monitor from working. I can't alt tab or Ctr alt del, and only restarting my PC or unplugging the monitor seems to work.

I have an asus vx248h connected to my GPU via HDMI (this is the one that stops working), and another monitor connected to the GPU via DVI. I've tried disconnecting the second monitor and still have this issue. same thing happens in bf4

Jake_2

Reputable
Aug 29, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Jake_2 : "Monitor stops working after exiting game after upgrading to GTX1080"

Hi guys, just updated from a 970 to a 1080 and I'm having a weird issue where exiting Battlefield 1 seems to stop my monitor from working. I can't alt tab or Ctr alt del, and only restarting my PC or unplugging the monitor seems to work.

I have an asus vx248h connected to my GPU via HDMI (this is the one that stops working), and another monitor connected to the GPU via DVI. I've tried disconnecting the second monitor and still have this issue, same thing happens in bf4