Monitor suddenly powers off(?!)

orelki

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Hey, I'm really lost here.
My monitor works fine when I start my PC up but then after about 30 seconds it completely turn off. Not like it says "no signal", the power to it is literally cut. If I try to adjust the power cable or unplug and plug it back in nothing happens. If I unplug it and plug it again a few minutes later the problems happens all over again. The monitor works for 20-30 seconds and then shuts down on me again.
Anyone knows what I can do?
I already tried 3 different cables, same results

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Same cables and everything when you used the other monitors? if so, it's looking like your monitor is shot. If you're using , say, HDMI to connect the GPU to the monitor, try using DVI or DP to further isolate the issue

orelki

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
It's plugged into a power strip of 4 plugs
Things that connect to that strip: the PC, the monitor, speakers (which are switched off) and a TV which is also off

It might be worth trying to plug into a different socket.

In addition, do you happen to have an extra monitor lying around that you could try using?

Same cables and everything when you used the other monitors? if so, it's looking like your monitor is shot. If you're using , say, HDMI to connect the GPU to the monitor, try using DVI or DP to further isolate the issue

Solution