[SOLVED] Monitor suddenly says "Signal cable not connected" even though it is.

Jan 4, 2021
For the past few months, sometimes this happens to me and i never know how, but somehow i fix it. There definitely isn't any issue with my monitor or cable because i've tried using them to display a laptop screen and it worked with no issue. Usually reseating the graphics card seemed to be the solution. But yesterday i ran into this problem again and that solution wasn't working anymore. I thought that maybe my bios suddenly switched my main display to the onboard graphics so i tried plugging my monitor to that and it seemed to work, but my computer ran with a stellar 1024 resolution. And when i checked the device manager it didn't even recognize my graphics card? This is all really confusing and i don't know whats causing it and how it just magically fixes itself everytime. My specs are:
ryzen 5 2400g
nvidia gtx 1050ti
gigabyte b450m ds3h

Jan 4, 2021
sound like the 1050ti is failing. test it on another working pc
well the card works perfectly for a while until it just stops sending out a signal. Could this be an issue with my psu? Because of the quarantine i cannot really test the video card, plus it seems to work for hours and even days until it stops displaying, so i don't even know how to test it. The thing is even after that incident where i displayed from onboard graphics i still after a lot of troubleshooting got it working again and used it for a about a day until it shut off today and i finaly decided to post a thred. Thanks for the help in advance. c :

Jan 4, 2021
Does your 1050ti require 6 or 8 pin additional power? If it does, maybe your PSU has started to deteriorate. Or maybe your 1050ti is dying?
Have you tried the other PCI-E slot for your GPU?
So the 1050ti doesn't require extra power. And since my motherboard is so small and the card is pretty big some crucial connectors like the power button don't let me put it in the other pci-e slot.

So the 1050ti doesn't require extra power. And since my motherboard is so small and the card is pretty big some crucial connectors like the power button don't let me put it in the other pci-e slot.
IMHO, the problem must be either the 1050ti or the the PCI-E slot in the motherboard, or the motherboard itself. The 1050ti that you have only requires 75W power provided through the PCI-E slot making the PSU unlikely (but still possible) the culprit.

What is the make/model of your PSU?

TRENDING THREADS