Question Monitor suddenly stopped working

Garch

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
So I recently refurbished an old PC (Packardbell iMedia S2558 i5 4440 x2 4GB RAM) and put a new SSD hard drive in running Windows 10 (Sandisk 512 SSD, latest Windows update). I am using the original onboard built-in graphics card and plugged it into the HDMI port. I have a splitter/adapter to DVI on the monitor.

Last week whilst my son was playing Roblox the monitor just disconnected/stopped working suddenly. I did the follow:

• Checked the port selection on the monitor
  • Checked the HDMI cable on a different monitor
  • Checked the HDMI to DVI adapter again on a different monitor
  • Cleared the CMOS
  • Re-seated RAM, SSD, PSU, DVD-R connectors
  • Cleared the CMOS/battery again
  • Connected with a different HDMI cable to another working monitor

None of the above processes worked. Any suggestions, please.

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Is the monitor trying to search for an input (No Signal text) or does it just flat out will not display anything? And what's the model and brand of the monitor?

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
No. It's set to the right input and before you ask the PC only bleeped once (short beep)
Ohh.. well if that's the case it might just either be that your parts need cleaning or your motherboard needs to be replaced. But since you said that it had been refurbished, I'm leaning more onto the latter.
And to clarify, the other monitors you tested also didn't display anything right?

Garch

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
Ohh.. well if that's the case it might just either be that your parts need cleaning or your motherboard needs to be replaced. But since you said that it had been refurbished, I'm leaning more onto the latter.
And to clarify, the other monitors you tested also didn't display anything right?
Correct, but I'm hoping you're wrong.

The only other thing that I need to do is probably take out the hard drive and test the RAM and make sure the fan is spinning and then put the hard drive back in and take the RAM out and see how many beats I get with that to see if that's working

OtapIc

Commendable
Jan 19, 2021
Correct, but I'm hoping you're wrong.

The only other thing that I need to do is probably take out the hard drive and test the RAM and make sure the fan is spinning and then put the hard drive back in and take the RAM out and see how many beats I get with that to see if that's working
Well good luck with that, if it ever does come to having to replace the motherboard. The H81 motherboards only cost around 30$ and you might even find a used one since it's quite old