Monitor turning itself off

Lucas Singh

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
I'm using a BenQ GL2450H. It's about 2 years old and it now starts to turn off by itself. There are no signs of dead pixels either. However something strange I noticed...I had an electric fan running cause it was really hot the other day, so when I turned off the fan my monitor also shut off at the same time. So could this be a power issue rather the monitor itself?

Solution

Yes, definitely sounds like a power issue. Maybe when you turned of the fan it sent a surge to the monitor and damaged it. I have had a similar situation. It is likely that you have shorted something. Can you test with a different outlet and a different power cable for the monitor?

Lag

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

Yes, definitely sounds like a power issue. Maybe when you turned of the fan it sent a surge to the monitor and damaged it. I have had a similar situation. It is likely that you have shorted something. Can you test with a different outlet and a different power cable for the monitor?

Solution

Lucas Singh

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

I switched out the power cable for the monitor and tried a different outlet. I have no more issues now :D

Lag

Distinguished
May 30, 2010

Thats great! :)