Status
Not open for further replies.

JeSuisEder

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
My pc specs:
I3 6100 3.8ghz
Sapphire Nitro + Radeon RX480 4gb

So my monitor keeps turning off but my pc keeps running, i tried wiith the cpu integrated card and it worked fine but with my gpu it keeps happening all the time, it happened when i was trying to create this thread and it will happen again in a few minutes, sometimes it runs for an hour, if i'm doing light tasks it lasts some time but when i'm playing it happens in 10 minutes after opening the game, i restored the pc and tried different drivers and it lasted hours but after crashing for the first time it starts lasting less and less time, i already tried with different cables and nothing, i have no idea why this is happening, if you know what the problem is i would be very appreciated. Also some times after crashing i need to wait a lot of time to use it again because it keeps telling me that the monitor has no signal. (sorry for my engliish, i can't explain it better).

Solution

I found out the problem, looks like the pci-e cable has some kind of problem but luckily the mb has two cables so i was able to switch them easily.. anyways, thanks for answering my thread!

JeSuisEder

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016

Thanks for replying, my power supply is an XFX TS 550W 80 Plus Bronze and i've been using it for 2 years but i haven't experienced any issue with it before.

Just because you haven't had issues with the PSU before doesn't mean they can't pop up now.

If possible, I would try the GPU in another PC just to make sure the same issue doesn't occur.

And, again, if possible, try a spare PSU with the computer and seeing if the problem occurs.

JeSuisEder

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016

I'll try that and will post the results, thanks!

JeSuisEder

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016

I found out the problem, looks like the pci-e cable has some kind of problem but luckily the mb has two cables so i was able to switch them easily.. anyways, thanks for answering my thread!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.