Question Monitor Turns Off and won't Turn Back On

Dec 1, 2020
Hi. So apparently, I got this issue with my monitor about 2 days ago. It started turning off by itself and not turning back on. And it seems like it turns off by itself randomly without any specific time window. Sometimes 5 minutes after turning it on, sometimes an hour or more. And no, it doesn't say "No Signal" or anything, just turns off by itself. The only way that I can do to turn it on is by plugging it off from the outlet, and wait a few seconds before plugging it back again.

I also tried changing the power cable, and it seems like it doesn't turn off that much as my previous power cable. Is this something to do with the outlet or my monitor itself? (Also I don't really know what my monitor series is. All I know is it's an Acer monitor. If searching my series up would help you guys in figuring this out, I will).

Edit: Another thing I've noticed is that it turns off more often if I don't move my mouse, type, etc. Maybe the monitor auto-sleeps? I don't remember turning the settings on or anything though.

Edit 2: So I tried updating the monitor driver, and apparently it changed from "Generic PnP Monitor" to "Acer EB129Q" which I think is my monitor series? I'll give you guys an update if it turns off again.
Edit 2 Update: And... it turned off by itself again. Seems like updating the driver is useless.

Specs:
Power Supply: Imperion 550W
CPU: Intel Core i3-7100 @3.90 GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H110M-DS2
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 1660 DDR5 (Bought this about a month ago along with my PSU)
RAM: Kingston 2x8 DDR4 2133 MHz
Monitor: Acer EB129Q

Note: I've seen a lot people saying that overheating of the CPU or GPU might be the cause, but as far as I'm concerned, both my CPU and GPU runs at a safe temperature. (CPU-Idle=35C-40C, while playing games=50C-60C) same goes for my GPU.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020
when the monitor turns off, does the power light turn off too? check the front bottom or top right corner of the monitor for the model number.
Pretty sure it does. I didn't really observe it, but I'm pretty sure every time it dies, the blue light at the bottom right of my monitor also turns off