monitor turns off, pc stays on with full load fans

Jun 29, 2018
Hi everyone! From about 1 week i have this problem on my pc: sometimes the monitor turns off but the audio and the pc still working and i can hear pc' fans turn very fast. So I must press a button under power button on my case for a fast reboot. It doesnt matter what im doing with my pc: it happens randomly (one day it happens 2 times, another day 5 times...). It happens when i play videogames, when i watch YT video... also when im not doing anything. In the event viewer i have two errors: The Kernel-power 41 error and the evntLog 6008 error. A friend told me that it is a Mother board problem.
Another friend told me this:" or the RAM memory has some problems or some drivers are in conflict with each other. The fastest thing would be to try to update the chipset drivers and other main drivers (including bios update). If this does not work, you could try installing Windows from scratch. Last chance, change the ram banks ..." But Intel Driver support assistant says that i havent to update anything. Maybe i need to update the bios, but it is necessary? I had a similar problem moths ago, but it was a cpu cooler problem and i didnt need to update the bios, but in this case all all temperatures are ok. What i should do? Thanks for reding!

My pc:

CPU: i5 6600k 3.5 GHz OC to 4.4GHz
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1060 6gb (3 GPU's fans)
MOBO: Asus z170-A
RAM: Viper Patriot 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 MHz
PSU: Corsair CX750M
CPU COOLER: MasterLiquid 120 Lite CoolerMaster
SSD: Samsung Evo 232GB
HARD-DISK: Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
CASE: InWin 303 Nvidia Edition
FANS: x2 Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition (LED red) 120 mm
x1 Case's Fan (LED green)
x1 CPU COOLER's fan 120 mm
x3 GPU's Fans
Monitor: HP Pavillion 22xi (1920x1080) HP x20LED (1600x900)

Hello emma.savarino02

Microsoft strongly encourages Windows users to regularly update the device drivers, especially graphics drivers, and check for and install Windows updates regularly.

And same goes for BIOS update.

Most of the times, the outdated or obsolete graphics driver is the main culprit, and updating it resolves the issue.

I would suggest you to check for and install any available Windows updates, graphics and audio driver updates, and see if the issue is resolved. If it isn't, you can try updating BIOS as well. Most likely this should solve the problem.

You can find more troubleshooting options here.

Cheers!!

Jun 29, 2018

Thanks for your reply! The problem is that w10 update says that i have the last updates, same for nvidia experience and same for realtek HD audio. So i think that my last chance is updating my BIOS, but i know that it can be dangerous and i havent a double-bios motherboard. so if something went wrong i cant take my wallet and buy another mobo. so you think that this is can be a case where is better update my BIOS?
at last i want say that after bout 11.00 am pc is still working fine, it happened the same thing yesterday: like 2/3 reboots in the morning and 1/2 reboot after 19.00 pm.

Thanks again for your patience :)

Hello again

If you are unsure about the BIOS, please do not update.

You can try rolling back the graphics driver instead, that too if the error turns up again.

If your PC is working fine, you don't have to do anything for now.

Even if rolling back doesn't help, you can try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it can rectify the issue.

Cheers!!

Jun 29, 2018

Ok thanks again! I'll see when I can run SFC because this morning when I turned on the pc it did it again for 4 times also when the pc was on from few minutes. Today was more worrying so I decided to turned off it. I will keep you up to date, thanks again.

Jun 29, 2018

Ok i did it, but it says: No violation of integrity found. So that is not the problem. I also selected all default options from the BIOS pressing F5, hope it can help. If not my last chance is calling someone expert. But its strange that it happens with more frequency in the morning...

Hello again

Can you please try Resetting Your PC (without deleting your files) and see if this can help?

Good Luck!!

Jun 29, 2018
Hi everyone, sorry for replaying only now. I have great news (more or less): my pc stopped to do that around the 2nd of July without resetting anything. And it never did it again. So my question is: why? what happened? I think there was a conflict between w10 and nvidia drivers, but im not sure. Thanks for all your answers guys! The luck was with me XD