Question Monitor upgrade help !

rhazta

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Hi, i am looking to upgrade my 60hz monitor for competitve game. my pc specs are rx 580 amd 8350 which is fine for 1080 games. but I want to upgrade to a high end pc in the future so getting the right monitor is important. There are too many options in the market I have no idea how to choose the right one. I mainly play esport games.

what should I get ??
I found these that I like

https://www.viewsonic.com/au/products/lcd/VX2758-2KP-MHD.php
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/alienware-24-5-full-hd-240hz-tn-gaming-monitor-with-freesync

extreme_noob

Respectable
people say 240hz is pointless but i see streamers use it
Just because streamers use it doesn't mean you should get it. Honestly just get a 1440p144hz monitor, like that viewsonic one. A 2080 Ti is way too much for even 1080p240. The Viewsonic one not only higher resolution, but also has an IPS panel, which has much better color quality.

rhazta

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I may not be buying a new pc anytime soon so Ima just stick with a monitor that suits my current pc specs rx 580 and fx8350
I've narrowed to these

AOC 24G2U 144hz IPS 30$ cheaper than the asus just like a super good deal
ASUS VG248QE very popular but what makes it so good?

I am leaning the AOC anything before I get it ?

extreme_noob

Respectable
I may not be buying a new pc anytime soon so Ima just stick with a monitor that suits my current pc specs rx 580 and fx8350
I've narrowed to these

AOC 24G2U 144hz IPS 30$ cheaper than the asus just like a super good deal
ASUS VG248QE very popular but what makes it so good?

I am leaning the AOC anything before I get it ?
Those are 1080p144 panels, not 1440p144

extreme_noob

Respectable
The monitor should already come with a good displayport cable. If it doesn't though, or if it isn't long enough, basically any displayport 1.2 or 1.4 cable will do. I suggest one which doesn't have the hooks on the ends of the connectors, to make it easier to plug and unplug. Those two links look the same besides length, so get whatever is cheaper.

ASK THE COMMUNITY