Question Monitor weird behavior

Jul 29, 2024
Hi,
My monitor is ASUS VG249Q. When I use my monitor for a longer period, I get this weird problem. Sometimes it repeats itself after few seconds of normal behavior. I changed my DP cable, used HDMI same issue comes. I even tried monitor in a different PC.

Is this a panel issue? I have 3 years warranty. It's not even 1 year after buying this monitor.

Thanks.

Jul 29, 2024
Welcoeme to the forums, newcomer!

If the issue is persistent across multiple system's it's your panel that is the root cause. Does the issue alleviate if you drop the refresh rate to the panel?

Yes, it persists. But most of the time it comes only when I used the monitor for a longer time of period. I haven't tried dropping the refresh rate though. But on the top of the display, from the top to a few pixel lines down, I can see the pixels are like embossed or similar.

If the issue alleviate with the less refresh rate does it means that my panel needs to be replaced?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
3 year warranty, just talk to ASUS first. They can do more extensive troubleshooting. If you are worried about being without a monitor temporarily, you may be able to show them the video and they can cross ship so that you get a replacement before sending that one in. They don't usually do this.