[SOLVED] Monitor will not display anything

Sep 24, 2020
Hey guys.

So here's the problem, after powering on the PC, my monitor won't display anything. The little LED at the bottom stays orange (inactive/sleep) and doesn't turn blue (active/on). Only solution/remedy I've found to make the display work is if I shut off the PSU off and then back on again, and when I power the computer on it will display boot menu, login, etc.

I've already determined that it isn't the monitor itself that I have, I tried with another monitor and the same thing happens. The HDMI cable isn't the problem either. All drivers are up to date, bios included. I have the HDMI cable connected to the GPU and I switched between both of its 2 ports. Won't display anything at all when connected to MOBO HDMI port, or when I try using DVI cable and port on GPU.

I've had this problem relatively soon after building the rig. All parts were purchased brand new 2019 Black Friday, except for the PSU, my dad gave me his old one.

List of parts
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 UD
GPU: AMd Radeon RX 580 Asus ROG Strix 8gb OC
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb(2x8) 3600mhz
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 650w
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2458 1080P

This is my first ever build and experience setting up a PC, I'm also not very familiar with proper BIOS setup other than updating the version. It's a problem I've never gotten around to until now as I would like to maybe sell the rig and build another one, but I don't like the idea of selling a broken rig to someone.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hey guys.

So here's the problem, after powering on the PC, my monitor won't display anything. The little LED at the bottom stays orange (inactive/sleep) and doesn't turn blue (active/on). Only solution/remedy I've found to make the display work is if I shut off the PSU off and then back on again, and when I power the computer on it will display boot menu, login, etc.

I've already determined that it isn't the monitor itself that I have, I tried with another monitor and the same thing happens. The HDMI cable isn't the problem either. All drivers are up to date, bios included. I have the HDMI cable connected to the GPU and I switched between both of its 2 ports. Won't display anything at all when connected to MOBO HDMI port, or when...
Hey guys.

I've already determined that it isn't the monitor itself that I have, I tried with another monitor and the same thing happens. The HDMI cable isn't the problem either. All drivers are up to date, bios included. I have the HDMI cable connected to the GPU and I switched between both of its 2 ports. Won't display anything at all when connected to MOBO HDMI port, or when I try using DVI cable and port on GPU.

I've had this problem relatively soon after building the rig. All parts were purchased brand new 2019 Black Friday, except for the PSU, my dad gave me his old one.

List of parts
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MOBO: Gigabyte X570 UD
GPU: AMd Radeon RX 580 Asus ROG Strix 8gb OC
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb(2x8) 3600mhz
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 650w
Monitor: ViewSonic VX2458 1080P

This is my first ever build and experience setting up a PC, I'm also not very familiar with proper BIOS setup other than updating the version. It's a problem I've never gotten around to until now as I would like to maybe sell the rig and build another one, but I don't like the idea of selling a broken rig to someone.

Thanks in advance.
Try clearing the bios by removing the cmos battery for a minute if that doesn't help , try your ram individually on each ram slot.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS