Monitor with Built-in Keyboard, NOT Laptop

Sheogoroth

Reputable
Jul 26, 2015
So, I really like to sit on the couch while working on a laptop, and I have a 5-ish year old desktop that I built that for some reason still runs like a dream. I don't want to buy a netbook or anything, as I play video games and I'd rather just run my desktop into the ground and then sink the cash to buy a new laptop after the desktop dies.

So I was wondering if there is some kind of a monitor with a built in keyboard where you just run the HDMI/USB cables from one to the other so that I can have the monitor/keyboard sitting on my lap with the desktop next to me.

Does such a thing exist?

Solution
Outside of some specialty displays used in industry, I can't think of any. They would be prohibitively expensive.

There are certainly somewhat lightweight USB monitors, but they don't have keyboards. That said a wireless keyboard would seem to solve that problem. (There are also wireless Monitors, WiDi, which last I checked was somewhat terrible)

Also those coffeetable things that prop up on hinges so you can have a work surface in front of your couch. Kind of like an nice TV tray, but part of the furniture. Then you could just put the whole computer on there.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Outside of some specialty displays used in industry, I can't think of any. They would be prohibitively expensive.

There are certainly somewhat lightweight USB monitors, but they don't have keyboards. That said a wireless keyboard would seem to solve that problem. (There are also wireless Monitors, WiDi, which last I checked was somewhat terrible)

Also those coffeetable things that prop up on hinges so you can have a work surface in front of your couch. Kind of like an nice TV tray, but part of the furniture. Then you could just put the whole computer on there.

Solution