[SOLVED] Monitor without G-Sync is displaying a faint line in the middle that seems to look like it is overlapping slightly

rileysmith147

Honorable
Nov 27, 2014
Hi all,

So I seem to be having a problem. I recently switched from a GTX 1080 to an RTX 2070 super (I know blah blah blah not a good idea xD) and it works great. There is one thing that seems to be different, I have a line appear faintly that has no color to it. It goes down the center of my monitor and it appears to overlap and distort my view just enough to make me upset. I do not have a G-SYNC monitor sadly and most solutions (and problems) had to do with G-SYNC monitors. I would imagine it would be something wrong with my RTX 2070 super but I really do not want to be out a graphics card for weeks. The line will disappear if I unplug the display port connection and plug it back in. Could it be as simple as a new display port cable or perhaps software? If anyone has any idea please let me know, thanks!

Here are my specs for reference;

CPU: i7-9700k @5.0ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
MOBO: ASUS Z370-A II Prime
RAM: 32GB (16x2) TridentZ RGB
STORAGE: NVMe 1TB Intel 660p
GPU: RTX 2070 Super WINDFORCE 3x OC
CASE: DarkFlash Phantom
PSU: Super Flower 750w titanium certified fully modular
WINDOWS: 10 PRO
MONITOR: PIXIO PX277

Solution
If unplugging the cable and re-plugging it fix the issue try another cable. It could just be faulty cable that when it moves a bit it gives you issues. I had a lot of faulty cables and a lot of weird issues, green dots, lines, flashing screen, red bars. You name it.

Try another cable. If it's that you will be lucky it's the cable but you have to try. The next thing would be the GPU and Monitor.

You could try using DDU to remove any traces of drivers related files and reinstall the latest GPU drivers.
If unplugging the cable and re-plugging it fix the issue try another cable. It could just be faulty cable that when it moves a bit it gives you issues. I had a lot of faulty cables and a lot of weird issues, green dots, lines, flashing screen, red bars. You name it.

Try another cable. If it's that you will be lucky it's the cable but you have to try. The next thing would be the GPU and Monitor.

You could try using DDU to remove any traces of drivers related files and reinstall the latest GPU drivers.

Solution