Monitor won't display after replacing psu and adding gtx 1050 ti

joshscott1

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Hi, I am not so good with computers so bear with me. I have an Asus m32bf desktop and I had learnt a couple of weeks ago my motherboard was compatible with a gtx 1050 tI. However, the power supply that had come with my prebuilt pc did not have enough wattage to support this graphics card. The psu with the prebuilt was an acbel pca022. I had been told that a corsair cx 450 would be fine with this and that I would be able to fit the 450 with no troubles (off of here). So today I got the components and I fitted them both. I then booted up my pc, the pc was fine and then when I attempted to turn on my monitor it had said no signal. The graphics cards fans are spinning when turned on so it probably has something to do with the psu cables as I may have missed out a couple as I'm not sure where they all go. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP

Double check that you have the 24pin and 4+4 CPU connected.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Also may sound silly, but plug the monitor into the graphics card, not the motherboard.

joshscott1

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

Hi, I pushed the cpu cable further in and the monitor turned on (thank you very much) however, when it turned on I am now greeted by the message of Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. How do I get past this? Could it be my data cables or cables to the had?

Double check that power is going to your HDD. If you don't have data or power, the PC won't have anything to boot from as the HDD won't be detected.

2014-01-12_010208_sata_power_and_data_cables.jpg