Question Monitors dont display when turning pc on?

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Just upgraded my motherboard, ram and cpu everything seems fine apart from when i 1st turn my pc on nothing will display to my monitors but all i have to do is turn off and back on my pc and it works fine after that. Anyone have any idea what this problem could be?

MSI B450 tomahawk max
evga gtx 1060ssc
Ryzen 7 3700x
2x8 gb corsair vengeance 3600mz
Evga 750GQ

I've seen this 3 times before:
  1. cappacitors were swelled and power had to "build up" before it started to work -> mobo issue
  2. BIOS update
  3. passive/directional/damaged HDMI cable or something like that (VERY old story) but monitor did not get the sync signal causing to think source is on standby. on HDMI there should be a "wake up" signal that does not reach your monitor, have you tried to replace the cable or change the port if possible?

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
I've seen this 3 times before:
  1. cappacitors were swelled and power had to "build up" before it started to work -> mobo issue
  2. BIOS update
  3. passive/directional/damaged HDMI cable or something like that (VERY old story) but monitor did not get the sync signal causing to think source is on standby. on HDMI there should be a "wake up" signal that does not reach your monitor, have you tried to replace the cable or change the port if possible?

As for the 3rd option im using 2 monitors and none of them get signal so im guessing it cant be that issue?

Just seems like a really weird problem as once i restart pc everything is 100% fine and running as it should.

As for the 3rd option im using 2 monitors and none of them get signal so im guessing it cant be that issue?

Just seems like a really weird problem as once i restart pc everything is 100% fine and running as it should.
it was years ago so I think, its highly doubtfull about that.
imporant part is if you see the LOGO or BIOS stuff on that first boot and how big was the update ? from INTEL to AMD or something smaller ?
if its affecting bios, its much worse.

if not:
did you try clean nvidia driver install from the website?
maybe windows did break it? I had a LOT of those with sound drivers not picking up headphones or 5.1 system or camera or a lot of other things. (if you noticed windows update in last few days, upgrade might be coincidental and issue came from windows update (this is where I would bet)

I would try to purge the drivers and reinstall them, as whatever I mentioned would not affect both screens, unless they have identical models, with identical "problematic" cable, and you will be VERY unlucky guy.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
it was years ago so I think, its highly doubtfull about that.
imporant part is if you see the LOGO or BIOS stuff on that first boot and how big was the update ? from INTEL to AMD or something smaller ?
if its affecting bios, its much worse.

if not:
did you try clean nvidia driver install from the website?
maybe windows did break it? I had a LOT of those with sound drivers not picking up headphones or 5.1 system or camera or a lot of other things. (if you noticed windows update in last few days, upgrade might be coincidental and issue came from windows update (this is where I would bet)

I would try to purge the drivers and reinstall them, as whatever I mentioned would not affect both screens, unless they have identical models, with identical "problematic" cable, and you will be VERY unlucky guy.
On first start up i get the logo for my motherboard but as soon as it gets past that i get no signal, ive just opened up the pc and re fitted gpu to see if that works but it only seems to be once my pc has been turned off for awhile maybe as on this start up it was fine, tomorrow morning i'll know if ive fixed the issue!

On first start up i get the logo for my motherboard but as soon as it gets past that i get no signal, ive just opened up the pc and re fitted gpu to see if that works but it only seems to be once my pc has been turned off for awhile maybe as on this start up it was fine, tomorrow morning i'll know if ive fixed the issue!
If the LOGO is there, it means it WINDOWS :D
redo drivers. try ubuntu, I can assure you windows did upgrade and did break stuff. 100% guaranteed.