Monitors go black and fans speed up!

Nov 6, 2018
Everytime I startup a game, both of my monitors go block and the fans speed up, but only after a few minutes of playing. I didn't have any problems with those games before, not even in any kind of FPS lag way.
I used MSI Afterburner to track the temperature and gpu usage. Neither of those approached the maximum values.
GPU temperature was at an average of 50°C and the usage at around 60 to 70, sometimes even 80 percent.

Sometimes after restarting my pc I've got colored boxes all over my monitors and all graphics are going crazy.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 EVGA with 2048 MBytes.
PSU: be quiet! BQT E9 with 500W
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K with 3.40GHz

Any kind of help is appreciated! Thank you guys in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
How old is that PSU? Make and model of your motherboard? Are you on the latest BIOS update? You also forgot to mention the OS you're on. You could try and uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers with last known stable revision. See if that alleviates the issue.

Nov 6, 2018

Well I built my PC about 4 or 5 years ago, and I have never changed my PSU since, because I never had problems with it.
I've got a Gigabyte Z87M-D3H and there are no BIOS updates what so ever. I am using Windows 10 at the moment.

I will try and reinstall an older driver and come back to you with the result!

Edit: I did what you told me, but it didn't change anything at all. Even worse, after installing the new driver and rebooting, the new driver isn' installed anymore and the resolution changed. Also the pixelated boxes still appear everywhere.

Nov 6, 2018
After uninstalling the old and installing the new driver and rebooting, the new driver isn't installed anymore and the resolution changed. Also the pixelated boxes still appear everywhere. I tried it multiple times and the driver just won't install at all.

Nov 6, 2018

Only used one monitor now. Still pixelated stuff everywhere and nothing changed. I guess my GPU is fried then right?