Question Monitors lose signal after minutes idle or hours under load.

Mar 4, 2023
GPU: RTX 3080 10GB Zotac Trinity OC
CPU: i9 10900k
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax.Black Edition
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz CL16
Mainboard: Z490 Gigabyte Aorus Elite AC
SSD's: 1000gb M.2 Kingston A2000 + 128GB M.2 ADATA SX7000NP
HDD's: 4000GB Seagate + 2000GB Seagate + 1000GB Seagate
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11, 850W, 80+ gold, modular
Case: Sharkoon TG5 RGB

This happens more and more for weeks now. You have to force the pc to turn itself off before being able to reboot.
One user said a temp fix is recuding clock and memory speeds significantly, i'm currently trying this.
Many people stated that gpu heavy games make this happen less often to not at all. (Maybe high cpu usage related then, maybe 10th gen intel related? Maybe z490 related?)
One user said that changing gpu's did not help.
Other people formatted their whole pc and just deleted everything, which didn't work either.
More and more people seem to be having this issue and yet nobody knows what's causing this.

If i forgot anything i'll add later. If there are any ideas, please share.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Yeah, this is happening to me but when I play League of Leagends only. Any other game, or youtube, or any other use it doesnt happen at all. I was thinking it might be an Nvidia driver issue cause it seems to have just happened on the latest 531.18 but Im too lazy to try a driver wipe and reinstall of a previous version. Thats the only thing I can think it might be considering I havent had the issue PEROID. Never has video just lost signal to my main monitor, and the second monitor which I use primarily for monitoring temps and discord isnt affected at all. Temps have nothing to do with it, the monitor itself is not hot and nothing when playing LOL gets over 40c

Mar 4, 2023
drivers can't be the source as many have ddu'd and even forced their gpu to run with the basic windows drivers and no nvidia drivers at all. also different gpus or older versions aren't the fix

the weird thing is that it just happens. and there is no pattern. you have a ryzen and a x570 which also makes my intel 10th gen or z490 theory irrelevant, if you actually have the same kind of issue.

sobakowa19

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
i play league, it can go for 5, sometimes 15 plus minutes no problems, then just video cuts out for like 3-5 seconds... really annoying, but like i said it just in LOL not in any other game or application. strange isnt it ha

Mar 4, 2023
It's not really the same issue we're talking about here then. As i mentioned, for me and many others monitors completely lose any signal randomly. we then have to forcefully turn the pc off and reboot. it happens quicker when no game is running / the gpu isn't under load. when it is, it takes longer, but from my experience still occurs. if anything my failed fixes have made it worse

Mar 4, 2023
This is now fixed. When it was fixed i did 2 things, replugged one of my ram sticks and changed the nvidia control panel power management settings to max. performance aswell as selecting the 3080 as the gpu for everything.

My idle speed is the stock 1725mhz and my load speed is 2025mhz (or whatever else i'd have set it to).
If anybody else has this, you might wanna try those nvidia control panel settings.