Question Monitors turn off fans 100%

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hello people

i have a problem that my monitors sometimes randomly go black no signal and my fans go up to 100% for some reason and there is no way to recover unless i just manually shut down the pc or restart i have 2 monitors

and it happens to both not sure if its monitor problem but everything i have including my monitors and pc is maximum 2-3 years old so nothings too old i checked temperatures at first and during idle its around 45 both gpu and cpu while im playing its around 60 70 +- so i dont think its overheating problem obviously

i cant check at the very second the monitor goes black because i cant see it but i we can assume it staysd around 70+

i dont think those temperatures are bad while im playing and it does not always happen while i play sometimes i just browse in google or watch something on netflix and it just happens its really hard to test anything because it happens so rarely like before it happened like every few days or maybe once every week..

but today i got it 2 times already so its getting really annoying u know the worst feeling is when something is not right with your pc and u just cant tell what and its impossible to tell unless u replace every single thing inside your pc and test it out but even so it might not happen for weeks or who knows ....

this is really stressing me out dont even know which fan goes 100% top fan ? if i had to guess like on the water cooler/cpu ? i know most of u would tip the gpu or gpu fans since its connected to monitor going black would be the easy answer but im not too sure if thats the problem.

i would really love to have some answers maybe someone among u had the exact same problems and can tell me what to do or whats wrong because so far im just guessing and everything can cause this pretty much who knows but i appreciate every answer so feel free to write something

[Moderator Note: Edited post to break up wall of text.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition? (If original PSU then the PSU is 2-3 years old.)

Windows 10? Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time the monitors go black.

Overall, the symptoms suggest a PSU problem.

everynameistakenn

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
aa okey sry i forgot to write pc specs didnt think it was that important well lets see my pcu might be the oldest but its still a little bit over 4 years old maybe around that time it might just ran out of warranty by now
Processor Intel core i7-7700k
H100i v2 corsair water cooler
gpu Geforce Gtx 1070 xtreme gaming
psu HX 850i
Memory Corsair 16gb not sure which one the 3300mhz i ithink
There are no symptoms as far as i can tell havent sensed any weird lagging before monitor turns off and fan goes to 100% like nothing no fan speed spikes before nothing is overclocked everything is standard i havent actually modified any of the settings using Windows 10 like if i play a game and thats when it occurs i can still hear the shooting im still ingame and still talking on teamspeak with my buddies y know just that the monitors turn black both of the monitors i have 2 of them connected and both turn black and it wont recover unless i restart or shut down so there are no restarts or random shut downs the pc is still running the game is still running like sometimes it happens if i watch netflix and i still hear the sound the movie is still running is there a way to check some error files or smthing just before this happens ?