Question Montech X1 Case PSU Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaskedRiderChris52

Prominent
Jul 9, 2021
I got myself a Montech X1 mid tower case for a really good price at my local Micro Center recently, and a EVGA PSU to go into it. Problem is, the PSU won't fit in through the outer hole and it won't go in from the inside, either. Is this a situation where I need a Very Specific PSU to fit this case? I haven't seen much of anything declaring such online so far, so I thought I'd put it to the crew here. Any suggestions/ideas?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Which EVGA PSU? They do vary in length.

The hard drive cage is removeable from the bottom of the case, that should give you all the room you need.

If you are saying that it won't fit through that gap, not sure what to you tell you. PSUs will pretty much all be that thick.

MaskedRiderChris52

Prominent
Jul 9, 2021
Which EVGA PSU? They do vary in length.

The hard drive cage is removable from the bottom of the case, that should give you all the room you need.

If you are saying that it won't fit through that gap, not sure what to you tell you. PSUs will pretty much all be that thick.

A EVGA 500 B1 PSU. How do I remove the hard drive cage from the case and what part is that, exactly? Is it inside or is it the actual outside lower part of the case?

All ATX power supplies will have the same width and height.
They differ only in length.

Is there a user manual that might tell you how to mount the psu?

Looking at it, you remove a side cover of the psu area, slide the psu in and use screws from the back to secure the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.