More Details About IKEA's Uppleva TV Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
To be honest, I'm not sure how this is better than the exact same entertainment center with a standard HDTV mount rather than the TV.

Then you can add in any TV you'd like, not just the handful of options that Ikea provides.

Is it a standard mount for the TV? That way in 2-3 years when it craps out I can put a new TV there and still use the entertainment center [which I've presumably bought a coffee table and end tables to match]

G

I wonder if IKEA will give you a TV panel, soldering gun and bunch of capacitors so you can build it yourself using their instructions :)

frank_drebin

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
well, TV IS a part of furniture. All electronic devices eventually will get commoditized no matter how technologically advanced they are touted to be

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]DeFrag[/nom]I wonder if IKEA will give you a TV panel, soldering gun and bunch of capacitors so you can build it yourself using their instructions[/citation]

LOL, thanks for making me start the day with a big grin.
IKEA puts out some cool stuff, and some not so cool. Not sure if I'd want to buy a TV from them.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
[citation][nom]resle2[/nom]Ikea, I did beat you at your own game years ago!...twice![/citation]
easy to beat, but not in their price range!

Status
Not open for further replies.