More iOS Devices Sold in 2011 Than Macs in Last 28 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
In other news, Consumer pre-purchase product research has declined severely over the last 5 years.

The people are growing more and more ignorant by the day. Sad commentary on the information revolution.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
In other news, Microsoft has sold as many Windows Phones, as Apple has sold Macs in 28 years.

OK I admit, I just made that up. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]How can you compare phone sales to computer sales. They have clearly nothing to do with each other.[/citation]
its an apple product compared to their old main product... THEY HAVE EVERYTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER

[citation][nom]del35[/nom]The people are growing more and more ignorant by the day. Sad commentary on the information revolution.[/citation]

who knew you those words would be so true just 2 posts later.

v3rlon

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Well, if I could get a Mac Pro for $199 with a 2 year commitment to my ISP, I would sure go through a few of them.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]jordan009[/nom]In other news people are more stupid then they were 28 years ago.[/citation]
In a few years the world will be using Gatorade to grow plants.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
That shows how shitty macs were in first place.

I don't think Mac are shitty. They are just drm infested overpriced locked-down devices often riddled with sub-par hardware configured to jail the user. Were Apple more open, I would consider owning one of their laptops as long as I could ditch OS X and cover their silly logo with some skin-- yes, I could even put up with their ugly boring looking cases. By the way, Apple is not the only company making ugly uninspired cases.

I Would also like their laptops to be more upgradable and serviceable. Another of my criticisms of Apple is that as a result of extreme advertising, it grants a make-belief sense of technological sophistication on sheeple who think flashing the Apple logo while wearing clothes that color match their Macs is synonymous with being a member of the technocracy. Sadly, Euclid's dictum about geometry also applies to technology-- "there is no royal path to technology". You've got to do your homework and keep up with the times, or you could end-up living on some cloud bankrupt and
clueless. No pun intended.

G

@del
So wrong, on every front....
DRM infested? I`m guessing you are referring to itunes, in which case you can use VLC or any other music application. Ditch OSX, no problem easily done, subit query to your favourite search engine and be amazed. On the topic of upgradeability my 13" MPB is one of the easiest laptops to upgrade I`ve owned. Doubt it? try ifixit.com.
You claim technological sophistication yet these simple facts effortlessly slipped by you.

LOL

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Apple was the first company to come out with a decent phone OS for PDA style phones. Windows Mobile 6.1 was GARBAGE. And I used it heavily and modded the hell out of it with cooked ROM's so I'd like to think I know how much of a PITA it was to use. Even after the best and most user friendly, easy to use ROM was loaded it still wasn't a quarter of the phone that the iphone was on day 1. Apple's phone was first to the market and it stuck. It was a much needed refresh to what was out at the time. I will also say that after owning both iphone and android based device, my iphone is far more stable and reliable. Applications tend to work better on an iphone.

People can hate on Apple, I know I did before I tried the iphone, but you cannot ignore a good quality product just because it's "locked down". The phone is locked down to prevent retarded crap from happening which inevitably does when you leave things "open and free". I'm all for open source and free applications and all that nonsense, but I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK ALL THE TIME AND CORRECTLY! I see more people fiddling with nonsense on android based devices than any other type of phone, and yes I'm sure some of you are techs and have the knowledge to make it work properly, but who the hell puts a phone out that only works properly if you are technical enough to use it. It's a frickin phone for christ sake, were not hackin the planet. iPhone is simple, dumb, and efficient as a mother f'r.

Apple may suck as a company in terms of policy but the iPhone does not suck. Not even close.

I really wish people would make intelligent comments based on actual fact rather than just jumping on the hate bandwagon....Talk about sheep...

And again bashing a company because it has followers who believe they are above everyone else because they own an apple product is silly. If Apple didn't exist then those people would still think they are above everyone else because they have a bigger house, drive a Lexus, etc. Those people will always be those people, regardless of what a company does. Intelligent technical people use mac's all the time and enjoy them.

technicalbass

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Oh and on a side note.... Please fix your website Tom's. If I have to click on compatibility view to do anything properly on this website when I'm using IE9 and Windows 7 64bit ( all pretty darn standard ) then you are doing something very wrong. Not to mention you have the worst picture viewing methods for a website I've ever encountered.

mrsphex

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
[citation][nom]technicalbass[/nom]Apple was the first company to come out with a decent phone OS for PDA style phones. Windows Mobile 6.1 was GARBAGE. And I used it heavily and modded the hell out of it with cooked ROM's so I'd like to think I know how much of a PITA it was to use. Even after the best and most user friendly, easy to use ROM was loaded it still wasn't a quarter of the phone that the iphone was on day 1. Apple's phone was first to the market and it stuck. It was a much needed refresh to what was out at the time. I will also say that after owning both iphone and android based device, my iphone is far more stable and reliable. Applications tend to work better on an iphone. People can hate on Apple, I know I did before I tried the iphone, but you cannot ignore a good quality product just because it's "locked down". The phone is locked down to prevent retarded crap from happening which inevitably does when you leave things "open and free". I'm all for open source and free applications and all that nonsense, but I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK ALL THE TIME AND CORRECTLY! I see more people fiddling with nonsense on android based devices than any other type of phone, and yes I'm sure some of you are techs and have the knowledge to make it work properly, but who the hell puts a phone out that only works properly if you are technical enough to use it. It's a frickin phone for christ sake, were not hackin the planet. iPhone is simple, dumb, and efficient as a mother f'r. Apple may suck as a company in terms of policy but the iPhone does not suck. Not even close.I really wish people would make intelligent comments based on actual fact rather than just jumping on the hate bandwagon....Talk about sheep...And again bashing a company because it has followers who believe they are above everyone else because they own an apple product is silly. If Apple didn't exist then those people would still think they are above everyone else because they have a bigger house, drive a Lexus, etc. Those people will always be those people, regardless of what a company does. Intelligent technical people use mac's all the time and enjoy them.[/citation]

Yes. Yes windows 6.1 is...sad thing is, I still have one of those phones because my parents are too cheap to buy me an upgrade -.- They run so slow..

Status
Not open for further replies.