More memory with smaller screen vs smaller memory and bigger screen

Sep 6, 2019
Hello!

I need something on a budget and have pretty much decided on a laptop: the Acer Swift 3 (I'm open to any recommendations, though, at a maximum 700$ mark). Now the problem is that it has got a lot of models, but what I can afford are those:
- ACER Aspire Swift 3 SF315-52G-53HG, Intel Core i5-8250U up to 3.4GHz, 15.6" Full HD, 8GB, SSD 256GB, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 2GB, Gold
and
-ACER Swift 3 SF314-55-57VJ, Intel Core i5-8265U up to 3.9GHz, 14" Full HD, 8GB, SSD 512GB, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Silver

I'm a med-school student, so I really doubt I'll need it for anything other than viewing a few courses, writing and YT/Facebook and the ocasional few movie playbacks when I'm traveling. I also already have a pretty good PC build, so I don't need the laptop to be able to do gaming sessions.
Gold model pros:
-much better gpu
-bigger screen (?)
-numpad (pretty useless to me tbh)
Silver model pros:
-lighter weight
-smaller screen makes for easier portability
-slightly better cpu
-slightly better battery life due to a slightly bigger battery and an integrated gpu rather than a dedicated one
-screen might look slightly sharper
-bigger ssd (512gb instead of 256 gb)

Is it worth trading off? Is having those 1.6" of more screen estate be helpful with anything in my case? Most multitasking I'll do would probably be 2 documents open at the same time.
Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any help!

PS: does anyone know if all of the Acer Swift 3's come with the brushed metal effect?

Sep 6, 2019
Thanks for the really fast answer!
I guess you answered the other question of mine, about the gpu.
Hopefuly the silver one comes with the brushed effect and then the deal is sealed I guess.

Thank you!

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS