More Of The Same: 'Watch Dogs 2,' Hands-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I don't find the premise or the gameplay that bad, the protagonist doesn't seem to be a mopey sadist like in the first game.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
I enjoyed the first one and never had issues with it - always wondered what people complained about. Loved the premise and, since it is a game, I didn't take it too seriously and just sat back and hacked away. Looking forward to the SF hackfest.

mrmez

Splendid
Hope they sort the AMD drivers.
When i played the first on my 280x it was pretty bad.
Dropping settings didn't seem to help much, and maybe just for me, but the driving seemed so slow and boring.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I had zero issues playing the original Watch_Dogs on my AMD GPU-powered systems; one w/ a 280X and the other w/ an HD7870. I couldn't max everything, especially on the 7870 system, but if I'm recalling correctly, my settings were nearly maxed-out.

Xengre

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
What are you wanting exactly? You didn't clarify where you felt it might need improvement besides driving... or that you are concerned about. So far it looks, literally, like GTA but vastly superior in every single regard except driving and story/characters (these two remain to be seen and aren't the core reason you get a game like GTA/Watch Dogs in the first place). Why is it alright for GTA to sit on its ass and not improve while the superior Watch Dogs carries the weight? Can't be the story, because they weren't all that great prior to GTA IV nor were the characters yet those were loved just as much, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.