[SOLVED] More on Fast Start up

Sep 30, 2020
I have just bought new Medion PC with SSD Model AKOYA E42019. Initially I discovered it would not boot from anything but the C disk. I disabled Fast Start and now I can boot from Macrium Reflect recovery DVD and USB stick however it won't boot from Windows 10 recovery/repair USB stick created on this machine. Thanks to this website I've now discovered one shouldn't use Fast Start with SSD. This PC was only released in August and only seems available via Aldi. I'd be interested to know if anyone else experiences this problem? I've asked Medion for help, all they can offer is that I should change the 'FIXED' boot order. I interpret FIXED to mean 'unchangeable', perhaps it's an age thing.
I'm 83 years old, these forums are a mystery to me, I haven't the faintest idea what a 'tag' or a 'thumbnail' is for, I just hope this will post.

Solution
I've now managed to get things sorted thanks to consultation using the Medion Community. To be able to boot from a USB stick requires me to get into 'Safe Mode'. It will not boot from a rescue USB stick created in the Recovery section of Control panel. I have created a recovery USB stick using https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 which does not include 'Settings ' etc as happens with the Control Panel version. Never mind, I may never need to be able to do it but I now am able to.
I'll try and class this as 'Solved'

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you referring to FAST BOOT as FAST START? If so, you should enable that after your OS installation, if it's causing an issue with installing your OS. If you need to boot off a USB device, you can go into BIOS and then choose the USB as the primary boot device as opposed to Windows Boot Manager that is responsible for booting the OS on your system.

You might want to post pics of your motherboard's BIOS screen and options in order for us to see what you have access to. Also, if you must, reinstall your OPS, do not clone your OS onto the new computer.

Sep 30, 2020
Thanks for getting back to me. It's Fast Boot which I found was enabled on my very new PC, once I had discovered how to get into BIOS aka UEFI. You tell me that I can choose the primary boot device as opposed to using the Windows Boot Manager, can you please let me know what I have to do to achieve this? I'll now see if I can attach a couple of what I think are relevant UEFI photos https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eqxljg7csobb3ta/AACvxO8xfjBiDrgnZL7bJt1Fa?dl=0

It seems I have not mastered the art of inserting images. The above link is to the folder in my Dropbox entitled Tom's Hardware and contains two photos which I hope are relevant. I also hope they are visible.

As well as having Macrium Reflect images as a form of recovery I had hoped to create a recovery USB stick using the method arrived at having entered 'Recovery' in the search box which takes me to a section in Control Panel in order to create a stick with or without system files. I've done this but it doesn't boot, might this boot OK if I go through the routine of choosing the primary device?

Sep 30, 2020
I've now managed to get things sorted thanks to consultation using the Medion Community. To be able to boot from a USB stick requires me to get into 'Safe Mode'. It will not boot from a rescue USB stick created in the Recovery section of Control panel. I have created a recovery USB stick using https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 which does not include 'Settings ' etc as happens with the Control Panel version. Never mind, I may never need to be able to do it but I now am able to.
I'll try and class this as 'Solved'

Solution