Question More ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

anupam1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
How to add or extend more rams in intel motherboards of ram capacity of 2gb only?

More rams here may means 4gb and 8gb rams

As you have gathered we are struggling with your broken English , do you mean your laptop only has 2gb ram because I doubt this is correct. I suggest you download and run a free program called belarc advisor this will tell you what is inside your machine. The next thing to do is find out how many ram memory slots you have and google how much ram your board can handle , it will have a limit.

anupam1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
As you have gathered we are struggling with your broken English , do you mean your laptop only has 2gb ram because I doubt this is correct. I suggest you download and run a free program called belarc advisor this will tell you what is inside your machine. The next thing to do is find out how many ram memory slots you have and google how much ram your board can handle , it will have a limit.
Actually you are not getting it want i want to say, i have a computer CPU ,intel motherboard which support upto 2gb ram and not more than that. How can i extend more ram ? or add more ram as there are no extra ram slots in my intel motherboard.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Are you trying to say your Intel motherboard only supports 2GB ram sticks per slot? And how to change? Please state the model number of the board. There are a few boards that will take more than specified. There is no way to make that happen on every one. I have a Dell power edge server SC430 limited to 2GB sticks but I have read some have been able to use 4GB sticks of a certain brand, my problem is they are only sold in the UK and I am in the US.

anupam1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
Are you trying to say your Intel motherboard only supports 2GB ram sticks per slot? And how to change? Please state the model number of the board. There are a few boards that will take more than specified. There is no way to make that happen on every one. I have a Dell power edge server SC430 limited to 2GB sticks but I have read some have been able to use 4GB sticks of a certain brand, my problem is they are only sold in the UK and I am in the US.
No only ddr1 1gb ram per slot ,its an intel 945 motherboard

anupam1

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2013
There is no provision in intel motherboards to extend or add slots for more ram modules ...this is a wastage of working motherboard,there should be provision to update modules in old motherboards.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
There is no provision in intel motherboards to extend or add slots for more ram modules ...this is a wastage of working motherboard,there should be provision to update modules in old motherboards.

That is completely impractical. Your motherboard was designed to do 2006 things, which I'm sure it can still do just fine. You can't just slap on a new chipset like you're playing with Lego.

Motherboards are not designed to be modular in this fashion and to redesign and make them such would cost an astronomical sum of money, certainly several orders of magnitude more expensive than the benefit of giving a bit of a boost to ancient technology.

lynx1021

Distinguished
"The Intel Intel® 945 bases Chipsets provide a maximum address space of 4GB and does not support memory remapping. As parts of that address need to be reserved for other devices, you will not be able to use more than 3.2 GB of system memory with your current system configuration. No BIOS Update or 64 Bit operating system will ever change that. This is a chipset rather than a board or BIOS limitation".

Status
Not open for further replies.