[SOLVED] More So An Xbox One Question

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
Is it possible to run your Xbox off your Mobile Hotspot which is feeding off a DataCenter ISP?

Download appropriate phone app > manually connect to a DC proxy > type in same on XBX Network Settings > Connect to phones Hot Spot ? No?

Solution
So people who are connecting their consoles to proxies are doing it to access games/apps not available within their region?
That's usually the most popular use. If you're talking about people using VPNs in online gaming, that may only help with latency as sometimes connecting via a VPN provides a better pathway than trying to connect to the server otherwise.

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
If the hotspot is setup to share via Wi-Fi, then yes. You just connect the XB1 to WiFi like any other WiFi. If it's set up as a network adapter, then I'm inclined to say no, but I haven't tried to see if an XB1 can use a USB based network adapter.
Thanks for your reply! Let me ask this another way to better understand. I have a friend who lives in the country and DSL/Fiber isnt quite yet in his area, so he uses his mobile hotspot to game off of. Because of this he lacks speed and has a data cap from the cell phone service. This is why Im asking the question I asked. Do you still think there is a way to download a DNS App on a mobile phone, connect the phone to a DC Proxy, then connect the xbox to the wifi hotspot. Just wondering if this would help his speeds and data limitations

Thanks for your reply! Let me ask this another way to better understand. I have a friend who lives in the country and DSL/Fiber isnt quite yet in his area, so he uses his mobile hotspot to game off of. Because of this he lacks speed and has a data cap from the cell phone service. This is why Im asking the question I asked. Do you still think there is a way to download a DNS App on a mobile phone, connect the phone to a DC Proxy, then connect the xbox to the wifi hotspot. Just wondering if this would help his speeds and data limitations
No. Speed is at the mercy of how good the cellular signal is and data caps cannot be avoided because you're still using the service provider to connect to the internet, which is how they track how much data you use.

RKD2313

Prominent
Aug 13, 2021
No. Speed is at the mercy of how good the cellular signal is and data caps cannot be avoided because you're still using the service provider to connect to the internet, which is how they track how much data you use.
So people who are connecting their consoles to proxies are doing it to access games/apps not available within their region?

That's usually the most popular use. If you're talking about people using VPNs in online gaming, that may only help with latency as sometimes connecting via a VPN provides a better pathway than trying to connect to the server otherwise.

Solution