More X79 Motherboards Revealed by Manufacturers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lradunovic77

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
I still think they could pack Sandy Bridge to 1366 socket. If you have x58 with 6 core CPU i'd say skip this and even skip Ivy Bridge. Plenty of horse power in it.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]paperfox[/nom]Interesting how the ram slots are now divided evenly on each side of the cpu socket. That could be a problem as some coolers block the first memory slot, and now they will block two.[/citation]
Buy a better CPU heat sink. Problem solved...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]the motherboards look great (and expensive) especially the asus tuf sabretooth. now wait for the cpus to release...is it me or the atx form factor is too small for x79?[/citation]
you got it all wrong, the coolers are to large for the motherboards

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
"spookyman :

Just imagine 4 way SLI with GTX590's

Just imagine the radiation pouring into the air and your electricity meter spinning as fast as a Raptor hdd "
-----------

AHAHAHA...POST OF THE YEAR!!!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]blppt[/nom]"spookyman :Just imagine 4 way SLI with GTX590'sJust imagine the radiation pouring into the air and your electricity meter spinning as fast as a Raptor hdd "-----------AHAHAHA...POST OF THE YEAR!!![/citation]
who cares for radiation?...i don't think that will be an issues, lol

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Ivy Bridge is looking distinctly underwhelming given the prices expected for the unlocked series. Guess, an upgrade option for me (i7-920, x58) could be a i7-2700K (or even higher) at a lower cost. Are the motherboards on these (P67/Z68) compatible with X79.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]who cares for radiation?...i don't think that will be an issues, lol[/citation]

That small of an increased amount of radiation, is going to give me cancer when exactly? 70 years from now? Given my current age, and average male life expectancy... I put the math into my calculator and it came out as a smiley face.

Plus, I HATE polar bears. Year that's right, hippies.

Anyways.... on topic.
I just build a system (for a friend) on Z68 with 16GB of RAM, i5 2500k, and a 40GB SSD for cache. It was cheap as hell, and will perform in most tasks about identically to a system based on this platform, that will cost roughly a thousand more dollars.

We'll use the thousand dollars on strippers instead. I support single mothers. See, Hippies? I have empathy.

G

Actually Nebun, the X79 uses the new UEFI style of bios, instead of the old style.

Status
Not open for further replies.