Question Most games crash on launch or when trying to load into a map/loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2023
PC Specs

Windows 10
Intel 13700kv
be quiet pure loop 120 liquid cooler
asrock z790 pg lightning atx lga 1700 motherboard
g.skill trident 16x2gb ddr5-6000 cl36 memory
samsung evo 970 plus 1tb pcie 3.0 x4 nvme ssd
XFX gaming radeon rx 7900 xtx 24gb gdd6 pci expess 4.0 x16 video card rx-79xmbabf9
adata xpg core reactor 850 850 w 80+ gold certified fully modular atx power supply

Games crash when immediately when opening. I can load cs2 but when I attempt to enter a game I crash. The only game I am currently able to play is league of legends. No other game makes it past the initial launch. I recently reformatted and that's when this issue presented itself. Prior to the reformat I would have random video driver crashes but could still play everything fine. I also have an issue where discord instantly closes same as the game and takes multiple attempts to start.

Things I have tried
MEMTEst
cleared cmos
xmp on and off
new ram
fresh windows install of 10 and 11
attempted older video drivers prior to the issue starting as well as using current
tested off of a clean boot
ran multiple stress tests(cinebench, aida64, occt for power,3d,vram) resulting in no issues
disabled overlays(discord and steam)
temps are fine
compatibility mode does nothing
lowered pci slots by 1

I am posting here trying to help a friend as we have spent the better part of the past couple days trying our best to figure it out but have no solutions, leads, nor any ideas where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
I think a little while back someone else had this issue and they messed around in BOIS and set the PCI-E slot to one lower so if Bios is set to run at PCI -E 4 set it to PCI-E 3 in his BIOS see if you get stable.

I don't have Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24gb to test just what I seen on forum. If it work cool if not change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.