[SOLVED] Most of my games crash with code 0xc0000005 and sometimes I get BSOD's while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2020
Hi, I bet you read the title so I'll just explain.
I never experienced any lag in any game but almost all my games crash about every 20 minutes
It doesn't depend on the platform I'm using, Steam, GOG, Uplay, Epic, almost all my games crash the same way, I only have two games that don't crash like that, Minecraft and Terraria, I also get BSOD's while playing, but less often than crashes to desktop, with a few different stop codes (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_OT_HANDLED, there are 2 or 3 more but I don't remember them.

To fix these issues, I have tried many things:
  • I updated all my drivers, or at least I think I did
  • I tried using only base clocks for CPU, GPU, VRAM and RAM
  • CPU, GPU and SSD temps are normal (40 - 60) °C all the time
  • I tried using a different kit of RAM
  • I ran memtest86 for multiple hours and Windows memory diagnosis, both found no errors.
  • I tried using only one RAM slot at a time
  • I have tried removing my video card then putting it back in
  • I have updated Windows to the latest available update
  • I have performed a clean boot
  • I have unplugged all USB devices that weren't necessary (only kept keyboard and mouse plugged)
  • I have tried running my games as admin, as well as Steam, GOG, Uplay, Epic Games Launcher
  • I have reinstalled Windows (on the same rive)
  • I have updated my motherboard BIOS to one of the latest versions
  • using one monitor at a time
  • setting max refresh rate to everything between 144 Hz and 60 Hz
My system specs are the following:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2060 Super (rev 1)
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite (rev 1)
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus (my Windows drive)
  • Gigabyte Aorus RGB Memory, 2x8 GB, 3600 MHz (GP-AR36C18S8K2HU416RD)
  • 2 Seagate Barracuda of 2 TB each (one is from another 5 years old build)
  • Corsair RM550x (rev 1)
  • I have to monitors, both 1080x1920 (AOC C27G1, 144 Hz and an old 60 Hz one but I have read that the monitors don't matter)
  • My PC is running Windows 10 Pro (20H2), I had those issues before I updated to 20H2.
I don't have any other PSU, or any other CPU or any other motherboard or any other video card.
I could try to reinstall windows on one of my HDD's.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading, please forgive my spelling mistakes, I tried not to make too many.

Last edited:
Solution
Well the one obvious thing you didn't try, which should be one of the first things to do whenever system errors pop up, is to run a thorough SFC scan. By thorough I mean via preparing first by making sure you have a clean system image. Otherwise a SFC scan does no good.

Follow these instructions exactly.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

If that doesn't fix it,. I suggest running a drive diagnostic scan on the drive/drives the games having this problem are installed on. Most manufacturers of drives have their own free drive testing software to use, but you don't have to use one that is made by your manufacturer.
Well the one obvious thing you didn't try, which should be one of the first things to do whenever system errors pop up, is to run a thorough SFC scan. By thorough I mean via preparing first by making sure you have a clean system image. Otherwise a SFC scan does no good.

Follow these instructions exactly.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-365e0031-36b1-6031-f804-8fd86e0ef4ca

If that doesn't fix it,. I suggest running a drive diagnostic scan on the drive/drives the games having this problem are installed on. Most manufacturers of drives have their own free drive testing software to use, but you don't have to use one that is made by your manufacturer.

Solution
Dec 5, 2020
Thanks for replying.
I did exactly what the instruction said, apparently, no errors were found.
I ran SeaTools long test, it took several hours and found no errors.
I ran the Windows disk diagnosis tool, it took only a few seconds and found no errors.
I still get the same crash code, I don't know if the BSOD's issue is solved because as I said before, I don't get a lot of them.

Last edited:
Well the only other thing I was a bit skeptical about was the first thing you tried. You said you "think" you updated all drivers.

How do you install your graphics driver? I recommend using DDU in safe mode whenever having problems like this, then install the new driver at desktop after a reboot. GPU drivers aren't system (OS) files, so they will not be checked for corruption on any system file scans.

Dec 5, 2020
I did that, what I meant when I said "I think so" is I might have missed some of the drivers, the ones I'm sure of are the display, audio, and network drivers.
edit: chipset drivers are up to date as well.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020
If you mean my issues are caused by this specific version of Windows, I mentioned in my first message that I had them before the update.
I also mentioned that I had already reinstalled Windows completely and that it didn't fix the issues.

Dec 5, 2020
I just noticed that I forgot to mention that one of my hard drives is from an ancient build that brutally died 1 year ago and I used it for 5 years, could this HDD be the cause of my issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.