Question Mother Board for Ryzen 9900x

Sep 7, 2024
Hi Guyz I am Stuck in a bit of a conundrum

i am going to build a PC with a 9900x please give me your opinion would you go for X670 or X870

X870

GIGABYTE X870 GAMING WIFI6 - $ 219​

GIGABYTE X870 EAGLE WIFI6 - $ 229​

X670

GIGABYTE X670 GAMING X AX V2 - $209​

GIGABYTE X670 AORUS ELITE AX - $209​

Older Gen Boards seems to have much more options and stuff for the price The same counter part is around $70 +

Any Feedback would be highly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Here is a comparison on the tradeoffs with the chipsets as you work your way down the order;

As for your board choices, since the B800 series chipsets are yet to see the light of day(early 2025), I'd pick up the X870 options however I'm curious, what are you looking for from your motherboard purchase? I'm sure you could work with a B650 chipset board assuming you're located in USA. PCIe5.0 isn't exactly something you'll notice in real world applications, just an FYI.

please give me your opinion would you go for X670 or X870
You're asking us for suggestions on how to spend your money. Please remember that you'll be living and operating with the system which is why I asked what sort of features you're looking for from your motherboard purchase so we can probably fine tune/narrow a board that fits your build.

Mar 10, 2020
Hi Guyz I am Stuck in a bit of a conundrum

i am going to build a PC with a 9900x please give me your opinion would you go for X670 or X870

X870

GIGABYTE X870 GAMING WIFI6 - $ 219​

GIGABYTE X870 EAGLE WIFI6 - $ 229​

X670

GIGABYTE X670 GAMING X AX V2 - $209​

GIGABYTE X670 AORUS ELITE AX - $209​

Older Gen Boards seems to have much more options and stuff for the price The same counter part is around $70 +

Any Feedback would be highly appreciated
My build is in my sig, the motherboard chosen was a flip up between it and the MSI tomahawk. Mine has many more USB ports on the backplate…

Sep 7, 2024
Here is a comparison on the tradeoffs with the chipsets as you work your way down the order;

As for your board choices, since the B800 series chipsets are yet to see the light of day(early 2025), I'd pick up the X870 options however I'm curious, what are you looking for from your motherboard purchase? I'm sure you could work with a B650 chipset board assuming you're located in USA. PCIe5.0 isn't exactly something you'll notice in real world applications, just an FYI.

please give me your opinion would you go for X670 or X870
You're asking us for suggestions on how to spend your money. Please remember that you'll be living and operating with the system which is why I asked what sort of features you're looking for from your motherboard purchase so we can probably fine tune/narrow a board that fits your build.
Thanks for the link

I also think i would be more than ok with B650 don't have any specific requirement nice to have 3 N.2 with good audio code and best quality Mobo Build don't care about RGB at all also postcode display would be Awesome

Mar 10, 2020
Very nicely! It will support 5800 single thread with PBO adjusted… solid at defaults. The only bit that irked me was trying to update the bios to accept a 9900x. Bios flashback required the bios to be given a default name which I can’t remember. Otherwise no problems.