Mother is powered on, fans working, no usb power, no POST

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016
Deepcool Kendomen Case
AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB*2 DDR3(Installed on A2 and B2 Slots respectively))
CM Hyper 212X
MSI R9 270X GPS
Corsair VS 550 PSU
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Toshiba 500GB 7200ROM HDD

I checked the above mentioned setup on a test bench and the bios loaded successfully, i could go through all the bios options.

But when I installed the whole setup in my cabinate and pressed the power button, the fans (both cpu cooler and chasis) started succesfully, however there was no light in the usb optical mouse, usb keyboard was not powered as well,and the display was black

i cleared the cmos by swithing the jumper across the pins on the motherboard,

but still i am facing the same problem.

by doing all the trobleshooting at my level, I have concluded that maybe motherboard is short somewhere. But I dont know where.

I there possibility of any other mistake that I might have made.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks in advance

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016

Yes, I have recheck it, this motherboard requires 6 standoffs. They are aligned properly.

why are the standoffs made of brass and not of any insulating material, like plastic as brass spacers (stand offs) are bound to conduct electricity from motherboard into the case.

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016

call me an idiot or whatever u like, but i made mistake. There were actually two extra standoffs installed in mobo tray, maybe the board was short from those two points.

i removed the two stand-offs and now there is power in usb ports, which were earlier dead. i can see the bios screen.

Thank you