Motherboard 4 Ryzen 5 2600X CPU Suggestions Please

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have decided to build a new desktop computer and plan on using the Ryzen 5 2600X.

I have used Asus Motherboards in the past and like them but my choice is open. I want an ATX size board to fit into a mid tower case. Initially I plan to use the Cooler that comes with the CPU but would like a board that would allow me to overclock in the future with a better cooler. I have also purchased a XPG SX8200 PCIe M.2 480GB SSD so a fast M.2 slot is important. I don't care about all the lights on the motherboard.....I just want a good ATX board at a reasonable price.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Solution
I have decided on the Asus Prime X4370-Pro AM4 ATX Motherboard. I was able to buy the Ryzen 5 2600X CPU and this motherboard bundled together from Micro Center in Houston for a total of $335.55 which included tax which I feel is a good price.

dpeel

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I have decided on the Asus Prime X4370-Pro AM4 ATX Motherboard. I was able to buy the Ryzen 5 2600X CPU and this motherboard bundled together from Micro Center in Houston for a total of $335.55 which included tax which I feel is a good price.

Solution

NoelsTech

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Hi i suggest the MSI X470 GAMING PLUS as Ryzen 2nd Generation processors can only support X type motherboards as this is a good motherboard which iam using right now and you can upgrade RAM a lot on this Motherboard and has so many features. This motherboard will use max performance out of your CPU.

Yeah, that is not accurate. 2nd generation Ryzen CPUs work just fine on b350/450 and x370/470. While the x chipset will overclock a little better and has a few extra features, the "b" series boards are completely compatible.

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017

As previously suggested MSI B450 Tomahawk is a good MOBO for its price, it also performs well in keeping the VRM's cool enough.
Refer:Coolest B450 MOBO's from Hardware Unboxed

ohenryy

Honorable

Looks that way, either MSI or Asrock, the problem with MSI is that their Bios are not good, too many bugs if your trying to overclock..