Discussion Motherboard arrives tomorrow

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
My first "fully" self built ever here's what I've got to put together.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 2 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 3 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Smart Series 430 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I was given the video card I will probably sell it to get a newer one.
I think it is the first model that was put out it doesn't look like the pictures online. The black cover is not covering all of the PCB.

I need to get a better monitor and GPU to use with it. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
May 4, 2020
Congrats on the first build. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I just finished up my first build for my son this past week.

Also centralized around the Ryzen3 3200G but mounted to the MSI X570A Pro. The bios is, dare I say, sexy?! Now mind you, the last time I booted into bios the screen had a blue background with a basic white type. But still, the options, ease of navigation, ease of overclocking, along with the polished look set a tone I wasn't expecting, but completely grooved with immediately. But yea, I digress.

Budget? Used merch acceptable? Expectations?

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Budget? Used merch acceptable? Expectations?

budget TBD Used refurbished etc all good just want it to work! right now I have to use HDMI to VGA adapter to use old junk monitor
expectation a good refresh rate so I don't get a headache 44Mhz refresh rate monitors make me sick but a decent HDMI capable monitor is usually higher quality than 44Mhz

May 4, 2020
*Ill advise what I Know. And that is very little.

Radeon RX 580 8GB runs GTAV max setting(?) on a 1080p 60Mhz Vizio TV beautifully(runs the ingame benchmark @59+FPS). Its a damn old TV, so a decent used "monitor" shouldn't be hard to find.

The 8GB RX580 was probably overkill. But its for my boy, so why not, right? haha. But seriously, from what little I have gathered, 4GB will get many games done right, 6GB grabs maybe another %15, while 8 is towards the VR requirements.

My advise, get the best graphics card you can afford(RTX 2060). Then grab a cheap used TV. Upgrade the TV/monitor in time, then the processor(if needed).

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
If I went with a fast gpu I would probably need to upgrade my PSU as well

When I did some research on Rendering I found that the 2TB Seagate hybrid disk drive I chose gives 32mb of cache for faster louding in games and with at least 16gb of Ram at 3200Mhz or higher causes render to be almost as fast from the motherboard HDMI as with a 2 GB speedy GPU. Some day in the later future I will upgrade my PC again and get a good size m2.0 SSD a Ryzen 5 3400G and possibly a x570 motherboard.