[SOLVED] Motherboard/BIOS Screen Black with White Cursor?

Feb 21, 2022
I recently built a computer for a family member with old parts. I got new PC parts and used my old ones for another computer. This computer was practically all my old parts but the SSD, HDD, and some fans. I had issues getting the computer to work properly and ultimately tried updating the bios to the newest version. I followed the motherboards manufacturer's instructions to do so. I've done it before and that went fine so I thought nothing of it. When the computer boots up now the screen that would normally be the motherboard manufacturer's logo or the "BIOS" screen is black with a white cursor. It doesn't prompt me to hit "f2" for bios setup. If i spam click the bios key, nothings happens and it will take me to the windows screen. It just skips that initial bios screen and I can't get into the bios at all. I've even tried safe boot and advanced startup - neither of those work. Oh, I've tried resetting the cmos as well and that did not work. At this point, I have no idea how to get into the bios or what to do. Any thoughts?

Solution
well, BIOS clearly works or you wouldn't get into windows.

Try using DisplayPort instead of HDMI instead as sometimes the BIOS only shows on one connector.
Updating bios resets its settings so possibly one has it showing on other connector.

If you in win 10, you can see if this works
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose UEfi Firmware Interface
  7. Pc will restart and load BIOS

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, BIOS clearly works or you wouldn't get into windows.

Try using DisplayPort instead of HDMI instead as sometimes the BIOS only shows on one connector.
Updating bios resets its settings so possibly one has it showing on other connector.

If you in win 10, you can see if this works
  1. go to settings/update & security/recovery
  2. under advanced startup, click restart now button
  3. this restarts PC in a blue menu
  4. choose troubleshoot
  5. choose advanced
  6. choose UEfi Firmware Interface
  7. Pc will restart and load BIOS

Solution