Motherboard BIOS settings not changing Primary Display to PCIE!! PLEASE HELP

aelban6

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017
Hello Everyone, I am using an ASUS B250F gaming motherboard which is not detecting my GPU. Everytime I change Primary display from Auto to PCIE in BIOS, it changes it back. When I go into BIOS, primary display is still in Auto, it also shows that I changed it to PCIE in last modified. Any solutions?
CPU: Intel Pentium
GPU: AMD Radeon RX580 XFX

On Auto, it uses GPU over integrated. So most likely your motherboard can't detect your GPU, and that's why it won't let you switch to PCIE. Now, the question is why it does not detect GPU - do you know it works? Move GPU to second x16 slot to rule out bad PCIe slot on motherboard. If that won't work, it may be that your GPU is faulty.

mips42

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017

Greets! Sorry you're having problems.
If I understand correctly, you're saying that when you go to your Graphics Configurations and change from Auto to PCI-E then save changes, reboot and re-enter the BIOS, the setting was not saved. Is this correct?

aelban6

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

Yes

aelban6

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

When I plug in the monitors video cable in the gpu the display does not work. I downloaded the latest driver for my gpu(AMD) and I get an error saying hardware not detected. GPU also does not show up in Devices.

aelban6

Prominent
Sep 4, 2017

I tried all pcie slots and LED's of the gpu's turn on but are not detected in device manager, and I have 6 of them and they all are not detected and when I try to update the drivers it says "unsupported AMD graphics hardware", could all 6 be faulty(I bought them from Best Buy)?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Was the gfx card bought new? What PSU are you using? What CPU?

v2road

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
:( :( Facing the same problem here. Asus B150M motherboard, Nvidia GT730 2GB DDR5 Graphics Card, 750W Power Supply, 8GB DDR4 Ram.

The Onboard Display works flawless.

Jul 23, 2018

Hey, I have the same problem, seems like it has something to do with the monitor and the gpu.

So what I did was change the bios settings, restart the computer, put the hdmi cable on the gpu, restart the computer again, then wait. The BIOS screen won't show up but after a few seconds the windows screen did show up, and the gpu is working correctly.

PD: BTW I have the same RX580 but mine is a Strix with an Asus Monitor.

Hope this helps, so you can at least use your gpu. I still can't figure out why this happens but this is a workaround.

erikbrown

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I see posts following this that are pretty recent, thank God. Can't believe no resolution. I have been struggling with this off and on for a week. I haven't posted a question in any forum because I know it should be a simple BIOS setting, I'm just not familiar with MSI. I am working with a mint (yes) MSI Z97 Gaming 5, and all 3 onboard video options (vga, hdmi, dvi) are working fine. However, nothing is seen in any PCIe slot in any combination.

I understand x16, and the 8/8/4, and all that This board doesn't see anything. And I mean it is in brand-new condition, I broke the factory seal. And I have plenty of PCIe devices that I have rotated around. The most basic of things is, it will not even detect a GPU in Slot 1. This board has 3 x16 slots and 4 x1.

Even if you don't have an answer but maybe some thought or experience, post here and keep this thread alive until some Guru All-Seeing member comes around.