Question motherboard boot did not post problem

Sep 4, 2022
I just bulid my computer ( ryzen 5 5600g, aorus a520m Elite ) and after i boot it i saw the ram speed very slow, about 2111 mhz and my ram is 3600. after i try to change it to to 3200 mhz it didnt post. i try to reset it many times ( change the cmos battery and other like doing the jumper things). i take it to the service place near me and said the motherboard already died but im not sure anyone has any idea or suggest or you think my motherboard is 100% dead. (sorry for the bad explanation or english, im not native speaker)

Sep 4, 2022
Make and model of your ram kit? Make and model of your PSU?
[/QUOTE]
my ram is corsair vengeance lpx 3600mhz and antec 550w psu. the psu clearly working because the fan lights up when i turn on the pc.

Sep 4, 2022
my ram is corsair vengeance lpx 3600mhz and antec 550w psu. the psu clearly working because the fan lights up when i turn on the pc.
How did you attempt to change frequency , did you set XMP ?
[/QUOTE]
yes, i use the xmp. were i supposed not to use xmp to change the frequency ?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022
Well, XMP i there to help BIOS change/set RAM frequency and other parameters to determined values. 3600MHz RAM usually have 2 XMP stages, 2400 and 3600. Each use other parameters to specified frequency.
[/QUOTE]
How did you attempt to change frequency , did you set XMP ?
[/QUOTE]
update. i just gave up and buy new motherboard. but i have question can i change my corsair ram 3600mhz gb to 3200mhz ?

Well, XMP i there to help BIOS change/set RAM frequency and other parameters to determined values. 3600MHz RAM usually have 2 XMP stages, 2400 and 3600. Each use other parameters to specified frequency.

[/QUOTE]
update. i just gave up and buy new motherboard. but i have question can i change my corsair ram 3600mhz gb to 3200mhz ?
[/QUOTE]
For a semi auto change it needs to have XMP for 3200MHz as well but should be able to set XMP 3600 and frequency to 3200.